The PBC Youth Ministry is a time for Middle and High-School Students to grow in their walks with God and in their relationships with one another through regularly Discipleship Groups, Monthly Activities, and Summer mission-camp opportunities.
Normally, we would be meeting on Sunday mornings. We’ve been meeting on Zoom for a few months. Lord willing, classes will resume in person in early September. More details coming soon!
Well, our goal is to do monthly activities. COVID has made this challenging. In the past, we have had a hayride/bonfire, pool party, D-Now overnight event, Christmas-themed progressive dinner, bowling, dodgeball and more. We’ve also served at Madison Fields, a farm that focuses on people with special needs, packed meals for Rise Against Hunger, and have served at the Frederick Rescue Mission.
Current Plans for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Youth End of Summer Pool Party – August 22 – 2-4PM, 17026 Spates Hill Road – Cost: Free. Snacks provided
- Kickball – September 12 – Halmos Park (on Bodmer) – 4-5PM (rain option – in the church gym)
- Rise Against Hunger – October 2 – 10AM-12PM – we’ll gather in the gym at church to pack up approximately 15,000 meals to be sent all over the world. Click here for more information and to register. SSL hours available!
- Hayride/Bonfire – November 5 – 7PM
- Progressive Dinner – December 17 – we’ll go to a few different houses for various parts of the meal (appetizer, main course, dessert), play games, and exchange white elephant gifts.
- ReBoot Retreat – (ten.) January 14-16 – at Skycroft. Cost: $100
- Date Night Fundraiser – February 11 – 6-9PM – we’ll host elementary age children at the church for games, movies, snacks and more while their parents enjoy an evening on the town. Funds will go toward our M-Fuge trip in June.
- Dodge ball/Taco Night – March 11 – 7-9PM
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – April 22
- Putt Putt Golf Tournament – May (TBD)
- M-Fuge – Philadelphia – June 20-25 – Cost: $450
- Messy Field Games – July (tbd)
If you have thoughts and ideas for some fun things we can do to build relationships and make a difference in our community, feel free to contact Pastor Joel.
We believe that students can make a difference in the world and in our community. Here are some options that did this past Summer (2021):
- M-Fuge – June 28-July 2 – Lynchburg, VA – Cost: $350 – M-Fuge is a summer camp and mission trip all wrapped up together. There are crazy summer camp games, meaningful times of worship, and growth oriented Bible Studies – along with impactful opportunities to minister in the community. If you’re interested in going – contact Pastor Joel for more details.
- Adventures in Art Camp – August 2-6 – this is a summer camp that PBC hosts. High School students are invited to help serve and make a difference in the lives of elementary and middle school students in our community.
- Frederick Rescue Mission Enrichment Camp – TBD – This camp is designed to help at-risk students in the Frederick area. High School students are invited to build relationships with campers.
- Cedarbrook Camp – July 25-31 – This is a fun and enriching summer camp for all ages of students.
Summer 2022 in already being planned. More details coming soon.
- M-Fuge – June 20-25 – Philadelphia, PA – Cost: $450
- Art Camp
- Cedarbrook Camp